About our WARM Yoga Classes
- WHY WARM YOGA? Warm Vinyasa Flow at Sol Studios promotes total health through detoxifying the body through sweat and balancing every system in the body. Fresh oxygenated blood is passed through each of the organs, which can improve cardiac and pulmonary systems. It can also help improve the efficiency of the body’s digestive system, metabolic rate and promote weight loss
- How Warm Yoga Benefits Your Body One would wonder why people would deliberately sweat themselves out by performing rigorous yoga exercises in a heated room? The answer is, for quicker results. It has been performed that warm yoga simply provides the actual benefits of yoga, but at a quicker pace. It is this quality that has made this type of yoga so popular among the masses. Here are some warm and hot yoga benefits you should know about:
- It goes without saying that hot yoga enables weight loss. The strenuous exercise in a heated room is obviously going to help you burn calories at a quicker rate, by increasing your metabolism. An increased metabolism means you are burning more calories than you consume, even when you are inactive, thereby losing weight quicker than you would.
- Not only does your body lose excess weight, it also becomes toned by performing warm yoga that involves stretching your body to its limits. In fact, these stretches make the body more flexible and less prone to injury.
- Practicing warm yoga enables detoxification of the body. Performing physical activity in a heated room causes the capillaries to dilate, and this enables oxygen to be delivered throughout your body and release toxins.
- Exercising in a heated environment increases the body temperature, that increases its ability to fight infection and disease. In fact, the detoxification of the body strengthens the immune system and protects the body from the onset of disease.
- Performing warm yoga on a regular basis makes the body feel more energized, and ready to tackle the most stressful day with composure.
- There are also several benefits of warm yoga for skin. While the profuse sweating gives the skin a radiant glow, regular detoxification process leads to flawless, blemish-free skin
- Another benefit of warm yoga at Sol Studios is the overall sense of calm and well-being that is experienced after you practice.
- What should I bring to class? Bring water to stay hydrated, a yoga mat if you have one and a towel. We have mats available for rent if you do not have one. You may want to purchase your own mat for reasons of personal hygiene and regularity of practice.
- What should I wear in class? Athletic clothing where the instructor can have a good idea of your body alignment, and at the same time clothes that are comfortable, fast drying and do not restrict your movement.
- What about eating or drinking before class? It is a good idea to come to class hydrated and drink plenty of water after yoga class. Try not to eat a full meal at least three hours before class.
- What if I have pain or a previous injury? It is always appropriate to talk to the instructor about any existing physical conditions and concerns you have about them. Yoga benefits many people with chronic pain by helping the body regain its balance between strength and flexibility, movement and awareness. If you are under a doctor’s care for an acute situation, please be sure to discuss taking yoga classes with him or her.
- Can pregnant women do yoga? Yoga can be very beneficial during pregnancy, but make sure to let your instructor know you are pregnant. Make sure to avoid twisting, inversions, pranayama, any abdominal strengthening pose and lying on your belly. Remember, balancing poses may get tougher as you progress in your pregnancy so use the wall or blocks to keep yourself balanced and stay in the pose longer. Make sure to drink plenty of water and take bathroom breaks whenever needed.
Tuesdays from 4:30 to 5:45 p.m.
Saturdays 5:00 to 6:30 p.m.
Next class in series is March 8th
SAT 12-1:30 pm